Mobile phones have become an integral part of our lives for a long time. At work, on a hike, when meeting with friends, we take our device with us. If you do not carry it in a separate pocket or in a protective case, then micro-scratches will gradually appear on the screen. This most often occurs during contact with metal elements (coins, keys).
The appearance of scuffs spoils the appearance of the device. You can protect the screen with special materials, but what if the scratches have already appeared? We must try to eliminate them.
The easiest solution is to contact a service center. But there are two drawbacks:
- Cost. Craftsmen can ask for a fairly large amount for polishing or replacing the display.
- Time. Having contacted the service, you may be asked to leave your smartphone for a while for work.
That is why, first of all, you should try to fix the situation on your own.
to the content
What to do?
First of all, you should find out what material you have to work with. Find documents on your phone and see what the display is made of or find a description on the internet. Screens can be glass or plastic. The first option is more resistant to scratches and more difficult to remove, the second material is soft, can be easily scratched, but it is also easier to process.
At home, you can only get rid of shallow damage. If the defect leads to a malfunction of the device, then a screen replacement will be required. Scratches are removed by polishing, i.e. by removing protruding surfaces and smoothing irregularities.
If the display is made of plastic:
- Toothpaste. A small amount is applied to a swab, cotton ball, or soft tissue. Rub in lightly in a circular motion in the damaged area. It is worth using a clean paste (not gel) without additives and abrasive crystals.
- Baking soda: Take 2 parts baking soda and 1 part water, mix thoroughly and apply in the same way as in the first case. Baby powder can be a substitute for soda. After all procedures, you should remove the remains from the phone.
If the display is made of glass, scratches are more difficult to deal with because the material is much stronger.
- Use a car glass polish. It is sold in liquid or powder form.
The dry substance is diluted with water according to the instructions or until sour cream is thick.
- Pre-seal the entire space of the phone, except for the display, with masking tape. Most often, glass polishes are made using cerium oxide. The active substance, if spilled into the charging or headphone jacks, speakers or microphones, may cause the device to malfunction.
- Apply a small amount of polish to a rag or cotton swab and start rubbing vigorously. Some effort is required to achieve the desired result. In this case, it is necessary to track the result every 20-30 seconds. Once the desired effect is achieved, you should stop, without doing unnecessary approaches 'just in case'. The polish contains abrasive materials that can cause additional damage.
2. Goi paste can serve as an analogue of car polish.
After completing all operations, the smartphone should be wiped with a damp, clean cloth to remove the remnants of the working material.
3. A universal option would be to use zero sandpaper. This can help any display, but it can also damage. Before handling a scratch on the display, it is worth practicing on another similar object.
4. A drop of vegetable oil will help to temporarily hide small scratches. It should be rubbed over the screen with a soft cloth, and the display will become more glossy.
You can get rid of scratches on the camera of the device in the same ways, only you need to act more carefully. Do not allow substances to enter the gap between the body and the lens where the camera exits.
to the content
How to protect your phone from scratches?
There are three tips here:
- Carry your device in a protective case or separate pocket. Contact of the display with hard particles will result in scratches.
- Wipe off any adhering dirt and grease from the screen regularly. If dirt remains on the display, it can be damaged even in the protective case.
- Buy protection. Electronics stores offer a ton of options for additional screen enhancement, from the cheapest all-round films to custom-made mineral glass for your model.
Careful handling of a mobile device is a guarantee of long and quality work.