What to do if your phone falls into water?

The phone fell into the water Using a smartphone, the owner cannot predict the occurrence of unpleasant situations. Water ingress into the housing is one of the common problems. This can happen for a number of reasons:

  • Liquid spilled on the device.
  • Exposed to rain.
  • The device falls into water.

What to do in a similar situation?

If liquid gets into the phone, then there are a number of rules that can help save the device from failure:

  1. Do not turn on a wet device. Water is an excellent conductor of electricity, but if no electricity is supplied to the network, then nothing terrible will happen. You must leave your phone off.
  2. Do not charge. It is also not worth supplying power to the device. Wet charging port contacts will short-circuit the tracks and can damage both the socket and the charger. Do not charge your phone
  3. Remove the battery. If possible, remove the battery as soon as possible and leave the device with the cover removed. Remove all SIM cards, memory card. Unplug the headphones and remove the protective cover. Leave all ports open for rapid evaporation of moisture. Dry the phone
  4. Get rid of the remaining water. The device can be wiped with a dry towel or tissue. There is no need to turn the smartphone upside down. You can use a vacuum cleaner to draw out any remaining moisture, but the hose should not be carried too close. A hairdryer cannot be used. Air blowing can drive the droplets even deeper.
  5. Allow to dry. In a normal atmosphere of normal humidity, moisture should evaporate in about 8 hours. Better to leave the device alone for a day. This time should be enough for all tracks, contacts to dry out and to function further. The device can be immersed in an absorbent medium (for example, in a plate of rice) or paper napkins and newspapers can be placed next to it. Do not leave the device on a warm surface (battery, oven) or in direct sunlight.

Only after a lapse of time can you start the smartphone. If it does not turn on, then you need to try to connect the device to the charger and let the battery recharge.

If the phone has been exposed to rain or splashes, then proceed in the same way. A small amount of water will usually not harm the device. The main thing is to remove water from the case in time and try to prevent it from getting inside.

To keep your device as safe as possible, you can use a protective case, bumper and special plugs for the ports available.

Some modern devices are dust, water and moisture resistant. But the risk is still not worth it. If the manufacturer said that the smartphone has an IP68 degree, then this does not mean that it can be stored in an aquarium.

Rate article
Everything for Android and not only | Tips, instructions, root, news and app reviews.
Add a comment