Modern mobile Internet is a high-speed data transmission network that opens up a universal opportunity not only to exchange messages, but also video materials, online calls, etc. At the same time, 3G and 4G protocols cover an increasing area every month, making high-speed Internet available even in those places where providers will not soon lay their cable networks. Therefore, it is not surprising that users of multifunctional devices are increasingly wondering how to distribute Wi-Fi from Android.
- Turn on portable hotspot on Android
- What are the basic functions for distributing Wi-Fi
- Distribution of the Internet from a smartphone using special applications
- Features of distributing mobile traffic from the phone to Android
- About the features of distributing the Internet from an OS-based tablet Android
- How to manage an access point on Android
- How to set up Wi-Fi distribution from Android: Video
Turn on portable hotspot on Android
Android is one of the most widespread and adaptive systems in the world. Regardless of the firmware versions of your smartphone, you are guaranteed to be able to provide yourself with optimal conditions for distributing your mobile traffic to others over a Wi-Fi network. Moreover, by dealing closely with the question of how to distribute the Internet from Android, you will provide yourself with comfortable conditions, that is, you will learn how to switch the device to the appropriate mode in just a couple of taps on the screen.
The distribution of the Internet from the phone can be done in several ways – in particular, via a Wi-Fi network, Bluetooth and via a USB cable. Therefore, being interested in the situation of how to distribute the Internet from Android to a laptop, you can apply all these methods, but be prepared for some nuances:
- Transferring the Internet from a smartphone to a laptop or personal computer via a USB cable allows you to save battery power on your smartphone, but limits the number of connected devices. In other words, one cable – one device with the Internet.
- Distribution via Bluetooth also guarantees stable operation on only one device, but at the same time you can keep the access point at a decent distance, which is limited only by the action of Bluetooth – the module.
- When using a Wi-Fi module to distribute mobile Internet, you yourself can limit the number of connected devices. You will also be pleased with the network coverage – users can be in different rooms and not feel discomfort when using the resources of the global network. The only nuances in using Wi-Fi networks are fast battery discharge and heating of the device that is the access point.
Turning on a portable access point on a device under the operating system Android will not cause difficulties for an ordinary user. Interested in, for example, how to distribute Wi-Fi from Samsung phones under OS Android using built-in software methods, you must perform the following steps with the mobile Internet turned on and configured:
- Go to the gadget settings.
- Pay attention to the section 'Wireless networks' and click 'More'.
- In the menu that appears, select 'Modem mode'.
- Turn on the 'Wi-Fi Hotspot', if necessary, configure the parameters you are interested in.
to the content
What are the basic functions for distributing Wi-Fi
Having started directly configuring your smartphone as an access point through the firmware and hardware, you will be faced with several parameters that should not be overlooked. Portable Wi-Fi hotspot for Android ensures smooth operation with the same default settings for all.
However, you can change the set parameters. To do this, you need to press the 'Menu' button and enter additional settings.
Next, you will be able to install the following:
- your network name (often you can specify any numbers, letters, signs and symbols);
- a security protocol that will allow only those users to whom you have entrusted the password you have invented to connect;
- shutdown intervals. This setting is necessary if you want to economically use both the traffic Android Wi-Fi over Wi-Fi Android and the battery charge of your smartphone. According to this metric, Wi-Fi hotspot will automatically turn off when idle. Typically, the interval can be from 5 to 10 minutes.
Special attention should be paid to the 'Wi-Fi access point users' settings graph. Considering the possibility of how to configure an access point for Android, you should understand that each user will exploit your mobile traffic, which may be paid, and, therefore, it is better to keep track of who and how spends the benefit you are distributing . In addition, practice shows that passwords have the ability to be transmitted to friends. Thus, having opened access wirelessly to two of your friends, in a couple of minutes you can notice how about a dozen of your classmates, classmates or employees are using the created access point in unison.
to the content
Distribution of the Internet from a smartphone using special applications
When considering options on how to enable Wi-Fi distribution on Android, do not forget about GooglePlay. This is an app store Android. Here you will find programs that can expand the functionality of your device, making it practical and comfortable to use the gadget. In this case, solving the problem of how to distribute Wi-Fi to a computer with Android was no exception. Right now, you can find dozens of applications that can provide you with the ability to organize a wireless access point in one tap across the screen.
The most popular programs through which you can organize an access point on almost any multifunctional gadget running the OS Android is the Osmino WiFi software from RIWW. This free app allows you to distribute Wi-Fi from Android to Android and to devices running other operating systems. You can also use the ACT STORE 'Wi-Fi hotspot' app. In both cases, you will find an intuitive menu and quick setup.
to the content
Features of distributing mobile traffic from the phone to Android
When setting up your gadget for the subsequent distribution of mobile traffic, you should be prepared for surprises. First, the phone as a Wi-Fi hotspot can only be configured if the operating system version is higher than firmware 2.2 (Froyo). Such old gadgets are unlikely to be left to anyone, but the option should not be ruled out. Secondly, there are a number of problems due to which the device may refuse to perform the task set by you. For example, a malfunction of the operating system. To solve this problem and cope with the problem of how to distribute Wi-Fi from Android – a phone and a tablet, you can only by resetting the device to factory settings. In this case, be prepared to lose all data on your gadget.
The second reason for the non-working distribution can be considered FireWall, which blocks this function. This happens when an antivirus program is installed on the device. It is quite easy to eliminate the problem. Choosing the appropriate option, how to distribute from the Wi-Fi phone under the operating system Android to the tablet, just turn off the additional software or completely uninstall the program. This reason for a non-working distribution appears in 90% of cases.
Another cause of distribution problems is a virus. Some installed application does not allow making changes to the configuration of the wireless connection. In this case, in order to find out how to distribute Wi-Fi from a smartphone or tablet Android, on the contrary, you need to install an antivirus and check the system. After checking, do not forget to turn off the real-time scanning program, as we already described in the previous paragraph that it can also affect the distribution efficiency.
to the content
About the features of distributing the Internet from an OS-based tablet Android
When considering how to distribute mobile Internet via Wi-Fi from an OS-based tablet Android, you should pay attention to the technical capabilities of your device. The distribution can be organized only on those gadgets that support the use of cards of mobile operators. Setting up an access point is no different from the procedure carried out on a smartphone.
to the content
How to manage an access point on Android
If the code from your access point is taken over by an ill-wisher who takes a substantial part of the traffic, and for some reason you do not have time to warn all network users about changing the password, organize Android – a Wi-Fi access point using MAC -filter. To do this, you need to install additional software that will filter MAC addresses, preventing third-party users from connecting to your distribution.
to the content