We all write sms messages. It has become an integral part of our daily communication with family, friends and work colleagues. More and more people are switching from regular SMS to Internet messengers like WhatsApp, Viber, facebook, Vk, instagram, twitter and others. But in vain. The good old sms has several advantages. But more on that later in the article.
Previously, on old phones, 10 years ago, to go online or receive mms, you had to receive a configuration message from the operator and set the settings. Now these sms come automatically and are immediately installed on the phone. And no one even suspects where to find these settings, and that they are generally registered somewhere.
When changing the operator, when you insert a new SIM card on the phone, configuration messages may not come. And if you do not get through to the operator, you will have to manually set up Internet access and receive mms messages.
Let's go to Configuration Messages (additional settings in the Messages application). All messages with Internet access settings from your cellular operators are stored here.
Let's take Internet settings as an example – let's open the first message.
Internet access point for Tele2
For mms messages, similar settings:
Settings for receiving mms
These settings had to be hammered into the phone every time for the Internet to work. This process is now automated.
to the content
The section of closed messages contains all sms from the addresses you blocked. I block all spam and advertising from banks.
To view and delete such messages, go to add. settings in Messages (three dots in the upper right corner) and select the appropriate menu item.
to the content
In the settings section, we will consider the main options for working with SMS on the phone:
- Fast call. Make calls or send SMS by swiping your finger left or right on the item on the “Conversations” or “Contacts” tab.
- notification sound – you can choose any of 20 standard sounds;
- vibration during sound;
- pop-up messages – displays new SMS as pop-ups on any screen outside the Messages application, except for the lock screen;
- message preview — Preview new messages on the lock screen and in pop-up messages.
- Background – choose a background for the message screen.
- Quick answers. When there is no time to answer an incoming call or when you are too lazy to write a message, you can send a “quick” prepared SMS. For example, “I'm at work”, “I'll call you back” and many others. In addition to standard phrases, you can use your own.
- Block messages:
- blocking numbers – i.e. it is forbidden to receive SMS and calls from certain numbers;
- block phrases – if a certain phrase is found in the incoming SMS, this message will be blocked;
- list of blocked messages – all blocked SMS are shown. It is better to sometimes look through this section, suddenly there was an important SMS.
- Font size – customize the desired font for displaying messages.
- Additional settings:
- sms: enable message delivery report; input mode – unicode or gsm-alphabet;
- mms: delivery report, read report, auto-receive (download) incl. in roaming, restrictions;
- push messages – ask to receive messages or not;
- delete old messages – freeing up space for new messages by deleting old ones after receiving 1000 sms or 100 mms messages.
Results. In this article, we have reviewed all the settings for receiving sms and mms messages, Push notifications. We learned how to make a quick call and customize the background for the screen with messages. We looked at how to block incoming calls and SMS using a filter. And they answered the question: “What are configuration messages made of and why are they needed?”