Many users prefer the Android operating platform due to its functionality, usability and customization (the ability to customize the shell for themselves). However, the use of some functions raises many questions, especially after the release of new versions of the shell. One of these options is to set various audio tracks as ringtones. The presented essay will detail the question of how to put a melody on an SMS in Android.
Setting your own ringtone
There are several ways to accomplish such an operation. The first is to use a special utility from Google Play. It's easy to use.
The second way is how to set mp3 for a call in Android 4 – use the internal tools of the system. Let's see how to do it step by step:
- First, you need to download the song that you plan to use as a ringtone to your device. It is not necessary to trim it.
- Next, go to the “Settings” menu.
- In the 'Personalization' submenu, select the 'Sound Profiles' sub-item.
- A table will appear showing one of the four activated profiles. You can put your music on 2 of them – 'Standard' or 'Street'.
- Click the gear icon next to one of them.
- Another menu will open. Where there will be a sub-item 'Call melody'.
- If you go into it, a window will pop up that will show the current composition installed in the system. At the very top there will be an inscription 'Additional melodies'.
- After activating this item, all the music that is installed on the phone will be displayed. By clicking on one of them and the 'OK' button. It is set as a ringtone.
You can also put the song on a specific subscriber. To do this, you need to go to the call menu, click on the subscriber's icon and turn on the menu that appears after clicking on the most extreme icon.
Next, click on the pencil icon in the upper right corner, a submenu will open there, where there will be an inscription 'Default melody', then you can change it.
to the content
How to put a different sound on SMS
Now let's talk about how to set your song to SMS in Android. The algorithm is the same as with the first operation, only in the settings you need to select 'SMS Sound'. Thus, it becomes clear that changing ringtones to Android is much easier on similar platforms of previous generations.
to the content