Mobile electronics are heavily used. Tablets, smartphones and other devices are used for various tasks, entertainment, viewing photo videos. One of the problems with compact technology is the low battery life. Very often, over time, the battery life on one charge is noticeably reduced, or the device simply stops turning on.
Reasons for battery failure
A breakdown of the battery leads to disruptions in the operation of the device and can become an obstacle to accessing important data. There are quite a few reasons for this:
- Contamination of contacts.
- Internal battery board is broken.
- Physical damage.
- Natural wear and tear.
- Long inactivity of the device.
- Manufacturing defects.
- Battery overload.
Most of them are caused by improper handling of the smartphone by the user.
to the content
How to deal with this?
The battery properties cannot be completely restored. Failure and malfunctions only involve replacing the battery with a new one. There are several ways to temporarily replenish energy to gain access to information on the device:
- With a 6-12v power supply.
The procedure is not the simplest and not everyone can do, although it is very effective. To restore battery performance, you must have:
- Power Supply;
- resistance element for 300-1500 ohms.
How to proceed:
- Remove the wires from the power supply.
- Determine plus and minus.
- On the positive contact, set the resistance to the wire break.
- Connect the outputs from the unit to the battery contacts, observing the polarity.
- Plug in the power supply for a few minutes.
A multimeter is needed to monitor the voltage supplied to the battery.
After 2-3 minutes, the battery must be installed in the phone and continue charging in the usual way to 100%.
Difficult manipulations can be avoided with a universal charger with a clothespin (frog), but most Chinese models have too little voltage to resuscitate a powerful battery.
- Using a car battery.
The operation only requires two pieces of wire. We connect the negative contact with a similar terminal, and on the positive contact we make short touches with the connected wire. Several procedures allow you to 'wake up' the battery and continue charging in the device.
- Resuscitation in the refrigerator.
There is a way to restore the properties of the battery by cooling. But it is not valid for modern smartphones, because lithium-ion batteries are used here, and freezing helps for alkaline models. You can try, but the result is likely to be zero. 5-10 minutes in the refrigerator allows the battery to shrink slightly, which causes the destroyed active substance to compact. After that, you can charge in the usual way.
You can try to 'shake' a discharged battery by closing the contacts. Attention! This is the most dangerous way, it can both help to restore the battery and permanently damage it. It should be applied only when all methods have been tried.
For the experiment, you need to disassemble the battery. Usually the metal case is covered with plastic covers. Having released the base, it is necessary to short-circuit the battery contacts. It is dangerous to do it assembled, because special sensors and microcircuits are hidden in the plastic shell. After that, we collect everything in reverse order and connect it to the charger using a smartphone.
to the content
DIY battery repair
The decision to repair the battery yourself will not lead to anything good. Unlike a car, you cannot change the electrolyte here. In the event of a breakdown of the power source, all that remains is to purchase a new item or take the device to a service center.
Another problem with batteries is bloating. When the battery looks like a swollen ball, it means that there has been a process of gas evolution as a result of a malfunction of the electrolyte. In this case, the battery can be blown out.
To do this, it is necessary to free the body from the plastic sheathing. Then make a hole in the metal with a thin needle. Place the battery on a flat horizontal surface and press down with a load. The pressure area must be larger than the accumulator so that the pressure is evenly distributed. Under no circumstances should pliers, vices, or similar tools be used. After the accumulated gases escape, the geometry will be partially restored, and the density of materials inside will return to its original state. The battery may last for a while, but replacement is inevitable.
to the content
Tips for Extending Normal Battery Life
In order for the battery to last as long as possible, you need to follow a few simple rules:
- The battery should not go to zero. Charge the device when at least 2-3% of the charge remains.
- Do not charge a cold smartphone. In cold weather or immediately after entering from the street, you should not put the device on charge. In a cooled state, the volume of the battery decreases, and the density of active electrolytes becomes lower.
- Stop charging in time. It is better to disconnect the gadget from the charger before reaching 100% or immediately after that. You should not leave your smartphone connected to a network device, especially if its power is higher than the manufacturer's recommended power.
- Protect your phone from moisture and dust. Wet tracks and metal debris can lead to short circuits and loss of contact.
- Before storing the device, charge it. In a discharged state, the battery will fail in a couple of months.
If you follow these simple rules, you can extend the battery life and maintain performance for a long time. It is important to understand that the battery is designed for 3-4 years of normal operation.