Telegram is my main means of communication with family, friends and colleagues at work. Therefore, every time the messenger developers publish another update, I always read the list of innovations with a sinking heart – have you suddenly added something like that? Indeed, as a rule, Pavel Durov's wards do not waste their time on trifles, trying to release updates only if they really have something to please users. Today's update was no exception, and also brought a number of exclusive features to the Android version of Telegram.
Telegram for Android received a major update
The photo editor, which appeared in Telegram back in 2015 and made it possible to improve the quality of photos, add pictures, emoji and text to them before sending, today received an expanded range of possibilities and learned how to process video. Now users can adjust the brightness and contrast of the videos, add captions, zoom in on certain objects in the frame and dilute them with animated stickers.
How to add a sticker to a video in Telegram
- To edit a video, open a chat with the person you want to send the video to and click on a paperclip;
- Record a video and the standard interface for processing videos that appears after the update will open in front of you;
Telegram video can be edited the way you like
- Select the icons at the bottom of the screen to adjust: the far left allows you to change the resolution, the middle one – add a sticker or text, and the far right – adjust the contrast, brightness, or just improve the quality;
- Here you can also slightly tweak the color correction of the video, for example, by applying a b / w filter or converting it to sepia.
After installing the Telegram update, users will be able to add animated stickers to any photo. This way you can dilute a boring shot, making it a little more fun. For example, if you are sitting at home in self-isolation and do not know how to entertain yourself, you can take a picture of yourself at the table, and in post-production you can plant an animated duck or panda next to it. In general, everything is limited only by your imagination. But keep in mind: after editing, the picture will automatically change the format and turn from JPG or PNG to GIF.
How to add a sticker to a photo in Telegram
- Open Telegram, go to the chat with the interlocutor to whom you want to send a photo, and press a paperclip;
- Take a photo and in the editing interface select the brush icon;
You can add stickers to any photo in Telegram
- In the window that opens, click on the sticker icon and select the desired sticker;
- Place it anywhere in the photo, save it, and confirm the sending to the interlocutor.
The developers have worked on the folders. Despite the convenience of this division, adding new chats to existing tabs was not so convenient. To do this, you had to follow the settings and make the necessary adjustments there. Now you can just hold your finger on the selected chat and send it to the desired folder. Similarly, you can delete chats from the folder if you decide that they no longer belong there. Thus, it is very convenient to send chats from one folder to another on the go.
Exclusive Telegram Features for Android
Telegram for Android received several exclusive innovations
In addition, specifically for Android, a number of new mechanisms and interface functions were developed to facilitate the use of Telegram:
- Now, when watching a video with a text description, you can swipe down on the text so that it does not overlap the content of the video, and hide it or reopen it entirely with a swipe up;
- When sending, editing and deleting messages, new smooth animations appeared, very similar to those in iOS;
- All videos that are less than 30 seconds long will play in a loop until the user stops playing;
- The section for cleaning unnecessary files has been updated (Settings – Data and memory – Memory usage), where you can make sure that the application does not take up extra space;
- There is an improved panel with GIF selections that you have used before, making it easier to find the most popular animations.
Download Telegram for Android
As you can see, there are really a lot of innovations. Therefore, if you have not yet installed the latest Telegram update, but you are an active user of this messenger, I highly recommend updating. The update is already available in all countries of the world, where the messenger is available officially (and unofficially, by the way, too), spreading through Google Play, from where it can be downloaded for free.