Despite the fact that Huawei does not have to wage war with anyone in the literal sense of the word, all of its activities now very much resemble a partisan movement. Deprived of the opportunity to use the full version Android, the Chinese company is forced to look for workarounds in order to give its customers the opportunity to use quality products. She does not always succeed in this, however, it is pointless to argue that Huawei at least tries. An excellent example of this is the intermediate firmware update EMUI, the distribution of which has already begun.
EMUI 10.1 is out now. True, so far only the Chinese can download it.
EMUI 10.1, which Huawei announced at the end of March, is finally out. The first wave of distribution of the update will include more than 30 devices under the brands Huawei and Honor. Most of them are smartphones from 2019-2020, but there are also earlier devices, including tablet computers. First, the update will be received by Chinese users, and then, after a while, it will reach the owners of compatible devices from other countries, regardless of whether they support Google services or work on the basis of Huawei Mobile Services.
Which devices will upgrade to EMUI 10.1
Huawei plans to update at least 36 of their smartphones and tablets
Smartphones Huawei: Huawei Mate 30 / Mate 30 Pro, Huawei P30 / P30 Pro, Huawei Nova 6, Huawei Mate 20 / Mate 20 Pro, Huawei Nova 5, Huawei Enjoy 10S, Huawei Mate X, Huawei Mate Xs.
Smartphones Honor: Honor 9X / 9X Pro, Honor 20 Youth Edition, Honor V30 / V30 Pro, Honov View 20, Honor Magic 2, Honor 20/20 Pro, Honor 20S.
Tablets Huawei: Huawei MediaPad Pro, MediaPad M6 10.8 ”, MediaPad M6 8.4”, MediaPad M6 Turbo Edition.
EMUI 10.1 (Magic UI 10.1 – for some smartphones Honor) is based on Android 10. That is, all the changes that appeared in the update are our own development Huawei . Why all this was needed is easy to understand. Right now, the company is focusing on reducing Google's impact on its operations, probably by testing whether it can grow its operating system, even if it is built on top of Android. After all, what difference does it make to what the original platform is number if the proprietary firmware Huawei keeps updating, acquiring new features and getting better?
What's new in EMUI 10.1
EMUI 10.1 is a very large-scale update, given the number of innovations
- Celia voice assistant support (works with English, French, Spanish; Russian support coming soon)
- MeeTime video call service (analogous to Duo from Google and FaceTime from Apple, but with the ability to show the screen to the interlocutor and make some notes)
- Deep integration with computers Huawei (the ability to make calls directly from a computer, remotely interact with files without downloading them to a smartphone, etc.)
- Drag & Drop support (allows you to transfer files from one application to another with a drag-and-drop gesture; works in Split View mode)
- Interface changes (animation slowdown when scrolling, the ability to quickly launch Split View from the side window, floating windows)
- Extended support for Huawei Share technology (analogue of AirDrop from Apple, compatible not only with branded devices Huawei, but also with third-party peripherals, for example, printers, scanners, etc. etc.)
- Universal gallery for smartphones, tablets and computers Huawei, united by an account Huawei ID and a cloud where all media files can be stored.
Huawei does not indicate when EMUI 10.1 will be released in Russia, however, given that work on firmware versions for different countries is being carried out simultaneously, it is likely that by mid-June we will receive the long-awaited update. It will be especially interesting to look at the Celia voice assistant, which will replace the Google Assistant on smartphones Huawei without Google services. The main thing is that the Chinese do not delay the localization into Russian, because, otherwise, no one will use the new product here.