The EMUI firmware update numbered 10.1, which Huawei announced earlier this week, surprised almost all smartphone users of the Chinese brand. Still, in the absence of support from Google, it is quite problematic to create a major update with new features. But, as it turned out, it was this fact that pushed Huawei to release EMUI 10.1 with new functions and services, in order to thus strengthen its position in the context of the current ban on the use of American developments.
EMUI 10.1 is a rather unusual update, but very large-scale
Initially, it was reported that about 30 devices Huawei would receive the update, but no one said whether the brand's devices Honor would be included in their number. Even the official representatives of the manufacturer were silent about this information, not to mention the timing of the launch of the update. Nevertheless, today the situation has cleared up a little, because data appeared in the public field, firstly, about devices that will receive EMUI 10.1, and, secondly, about the timing of the release of the beta version of the update.
Which devices will upgrade to EMUI 10.1
Huawei will update to EMUI 10.1 more than 30 smartphones and tablets
- Huawei Mate 20 / Mate 20 Pro / Mate 20 RS Porsche Design / Mate 20 X 4G
- Huawei Nova 6 / Nova 6 5G / Nova 6 SE
- Huawei MatePad Pro
- Huawei MatePad M6 10.8
- Huawei MediaPad M6 8.4
- Huawei MediaPad M6 Turbo Edition
- Huawei P30 / P30 Pro
- Huawei Mate 30 4G / Mate 30 5G / Mate 30 Pro 4G / Mate 30 Pro 5G / Mate 30 RS Porsche Design
- Huawei Mate 20 X 5G
- Huawei Mate Xs
- Huawei Mate X
- Huawei Nova 5 / Nova 5 Pro / Nova 5i Pro / Nova 5z
- Huawei Enjoy 10S
- Honor V30 / V30 Pro
- Honor View 20
- Honor 20/20 Pro / 20S / 20 Lite
- Honor Magic 2
- Honor 9X / 9X Pro
When will EMUI 10.1 come out
For some devices from this list Huawei I have already launched a beta testing program. It worked tonight. However, due to the closed nature, only those who have received an official invitation from itself Huawei will be able to take part in it. Beta testers will be hired in batches and will run until the end of April. From this we can conclude that if it takes at least a month or a month and a half to test the update itself, then the first devices will start receiving the release version closer to May, and all subsequent ones will receive it before the end of summer.
What's new in EMUI 10.1
Looking forward to EMUI 10.1? If you have a flagship of at least the last model year, you will receive the update before the end of May
EMUI 10.1 is a fairly large-scale update that will include many design improvements to the firmware interface, as well as a number of new functions that were previously unavailable to users of branded smartphones Huawei.
- Celia Voice Assistant (only supports English, French and Spanish);
- Service for video calls MeeTime (analogue of Duo from Google and FaceTime from Apple);
- Extended capabilities of the ecosystem (the function of receiving and making calls from a computer, remote access to files, etc.);
- Extended capabilities of data exchange technology Huawei Share;
- Drag & Drop support for fast file transfer between different applications;
- Special interface panel for smart home control.
As you can see, the longer Huawei she lives without Google services, the more she gets stronger and the more her smartphones grow over her own services. Take the same assistant and MeeTime video call service. A year ago, the Chinese did not even plan to launch them, and now, when there is no particular hope of returning Google Mobile Services to branded smartphones, the company's developers have to get out of this situation on their own. Therefore, personally, I would very much like it to continue this way, and Google did not receive a license to cooperate with Huawei, so that it would have an additional incentive to develop its ecosystem.