The Mobile OS Android was not built from scratch. The developers took the kernel Linux, modified it a bit and got the system known to everyone today. With the prototype, the mobile platform has in common only the kernel and several programs for managing the hardware. But as you know, many people use Linux precisely because of its wide functionality, almost everything can be done in it. On Android, this is possible only after obtaining ROOT rights, which automatically voids the device's warranty. This article will cover one important feature – the terminal emulator for Android.
How to get ROOT rights: Video
to the content
Where to begin
First of all, you need to get ROOT rights on your gadget. Only then can everyone use the advantages of the terminal. But you don't have to. Let's describe the instruction for using the function:
- First, click on the link to tell the program TerminalEmulator. After installing it, users who are in their early 20s will notice that the utilities look like a command line.
- Before using Android Terminal Emulator, it is important to clean the system from viruses and various applications that are not used.
- This or that option is launched using commands. If someone has experience with the command line Windows, this knowledge will probably come in handy, the general principle is the same.
- Let's take as an example one of the commands of the terminal emulator for Android – “amstart -ncom.android.browser / .BrowserActivity”. It launches the standard browser on the system.
- The program has standard settings that are displayed in groups. The first is the screen. It sets the main parameters of the screen, the ability to change its position. The latter, by the way, is better to fix in a horizontal position, so it will be more convenient to work. The text tab allows you to perform various manipulations with the text. There is no possibility to change the font, but you can change its size. Also, it is important to install support for UTF-8 so that there are no problems with Cyrillic characters. The keyboard item is almost never used and is gradually removed from programs of this type. The last menu is 'command shell'. Immediately after installing the utility, only VT-100 will be available, after a while the developers promise to add support for xterm.