What phablets are trending today? How much money do you need to spend on a productive device and not buy 'junk'? What characteristics to look out for first when all new phones look alike? Should you pay extra for a brand?
I offer an overview of 5 popular and not very Chinese phablets, for which you do not mind spending money. All devices are offered by the online store of goods from China – GearBest.
Let me remind you that “phablet” is an Android smartphone with a touch screen larger than 4-5 inches.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5
A powerful processor, a large bright display, a lot of onboard memory, two cameras, music, video and entertainment – all this is in every modern smartphone. Why exactly Xiaomi Redmi Note 5? This gadget has a number of advantages by which it “beats” competitors:
- 8-core Snapdragon 636 processor. Yes, this is not the most powerful processor, but it allows you to simultaneously run up to eight resource-intensive applications or games, and the smartphone will not slow down (provided that there is enough RAM, more on that later). Plus, this processor does not heat up the phone very much and is not gluttonous there, like the Snapdragon 800 series, which is able to “land” a smartphone in 4-5 hours.
- Dual camera 12MP + 5MP. A photo with the proper setting is indistinguishable from an average camera.
- The front 13MP camera has a soft flash for selfies.
- Operating system Android 8.1 with a shell MIUI 9, which maximizes the speed of the smartphone, flexibly configures the protection and appearance of the device.
- Nearly 6 inches (5.99 ″) FULL HD + display with 18: 9 aspect ratio. Ideal for watching videos and movies in high definition, even 4K does not slow down.
- The battery is 4000 mAh, which means that for 2 days of active use (calls, surfing the Internet, social networks and games) you will have enough.
Battery saving tips: turn on the power saving mode in your phone, turn off Bluetooth, GPS, Wi-Fi if you are not using them at the moment.
Of course, the size of the RAM could be increased, say, up to 6 GB, because an eight-core processor and a video chipset provide a large margin of power, but for that kind of money, you are unlikely to find a similar device from a well-known manufacturer, albeit a Chinese one.
08.29 10.00 Moscow time – 08.30 10.00 Moscow time price for Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 4 + 64GB only $ 189.99 (15719.82 rubles). Hurry up to buy a smartphone with a 15% discount!
to the content
UMIDIGI S2 Lite
This phablet is the brand name of the Chinese manufacturer – UMIDIGI S2 Lite. In terms of price / performance ratio, it beats almost all of its competitors. So what is this phablet good for?
- First, there is a powerful 5100 mAh battery. Its charge will be enough for 2.5-3 days of active use of the smartphone. And if you turn on the screen brightness saving, it will last 4 days on a single charge.
- The huge 6-inch screen is not limited by the frame, it seems to wrap around the smartphone, making the image better and more voluminous. The screen is protected by 4th generation tempered glass – Gorilla Glass 4. In theory, the screen is resistant even to scratches by sharp metal objects (nails, needles, etc.), but I do not advise you to check here.
- Dual 16MP + 5MP cameras and front selfie camera.
- The metal body increases the smartphone's resistance to damage and drops from low heights. Plus, there is a feeling that you are holding a truly worthwhile thing in your hand, and not just another Chinese craft.
- Latest face recognition technology.
- And of course, the smartphone is equipped with a bunch of additional sensors: electronic compass, gyroscope, GPS, pressure and light sensors, proximity sensor.
Even if this smartphone does not have the most powerful processor and is far from the flagships in terms of RAM (4 GB of memory on board), the screen resolution is not the highest, but all these “disadvantages” turn into advantages when it comes to energy efficiency. You won't charge this smartphone every day like most do. On the new battery, it will work for 3 days, and you will not even notice a loss in performance in games or when watching videos on youtube.
08.29 10.00 Moscow time – 08.30 10.00 Moscow time the price for UMIDIGI S2 Lite is only $ 129.99 (10251.82 rubles). Hurry up to buy a smartphone with a 15% discount!
to the content
LeTV Le 2 X526
Another Chinese phablet no-name of the manufacturer is LeTV Le 2 X526 at a price of about 7000 rubles.
A budget smartphone with standard specifications: 5.5-inch screen, 16MP rear autofocus camera and 8MP front, average in performance. BUT! For that kind of money, you get a high-performance entertainment center:
- 3GB RAM is enough for any toys, videos (even 4K plays) and applications.
- The processor with 8 cores with a reduced frequency of 1.8 GHz will allow you to run up to 8 applications simultaneously without brakes. And the reduced frequency will not let your smartphone heat up and will not “drain” the entire battery charge at once.
- And of course, built-in memory of 32 GB, support for two SIM cards and 4G technology for transmitting / receiving data via the Internet, wireless technologies (GPS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth).
I will separately dwell on the screen. Despite the fact that this is a budget smartphone, it uses an IPS matrix with a FullHD resolution (19201080 pixels). The image is clear, saturated, bright, conveying all colors.
30.08 10.00 Moscow time – 31.08 until 10.00 Moscow time, the price of the LeTV Le 2 X526 is only $ 85.99 (6834.32 rubles). Hurry up to buy a smartphone with a 28% discount!
to the content
OPPO Find X
The OPPO Find X smartphone is a flagship from a well-known Chinese manufacturer. And as a flagship, it has top-end performance and screen quality. So what is it good for?
First, it's a funky panoramic design. The phone has two glass panels that bring the screen and content together. A 6.4 ″ screen with a resolution of 23401080 pixels is a high-quality three-dimensional image. By the way, a matrix AMOLED with active LEDs is used here, devoid of many of the disadvantages of an IPS matrix (for example, the problem with the transmission of black color). Each pixel on the screen is highlighted separately, regardless of “neighbors”, which gives the best contrast and depth of all colors. The image on the screen is as live.
Secondly, the dual camera behind with a resolution of 20MP + 16MP, two lenses and focusing takes really high quality pictures. Plus, the built-in artificial intelligence determines the conditions under which the shooting is made and adds the appropriate effects to the photo. And the front camera, with a resolution of 25 megapixels, supports 3D face recognition technology and instantly unlocks the screen of the owner of the gadget. And this is another tick in the field of device security.
3D recognition technology distinguishes up to 15,000 points on a person's face, which is much safer than unlocking a gadget using a fingerprint.
Also, the front “smart” camera analyzes your face and makes pictures more “alive”. Take selfies often.
And, of course, the stuffing of that flagship is very productive:
- Top-end eight-core processor Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 with reduced power consumption function (when the frequency of four cores is reduced).
- The size of the RAM is 8GB. This is more than most laptops and personal computers. In terms of its performance, the Oppo find x can even compete with gaming desktops.
Output. The price bites, as of August-September, the smartphone costs 58,000 rubles. Well, what did you want from the flagship? The phone is undoubtedly worth its money, but sometimes such performance is not needed for everyday tasks and entertainment.
31.08 10.00 Moscow time – 01.09 to 10.00 Moscow time, the price of OPPO Find X is $ 799.99 (61514.32 rubles). Hurry up to buy a smartphone with a 15% discount!
to the content
And finally, another Chinese smartphone that stands out somewhat against the background of other devices, and all thanks to a protected case and a capacious battery. I present to you Blackview BV9500. You can throw it on the floor, drop it into engine oil, crush it with a chair or foot, shoot it under water, scratch the screen with a nail – in short, everything that has enough imagination and manufacturer's warranty.
The device is manufactured according to the IP69K protection standard, i.e. protected from dust, long immersion in water, falling from a height of up to 2 meters and strong pressure. According to the manufacturer, one battery charge (provided that the power saving option is enabled) will last for 9 days.
These are the main advantages of the model. The filling is not particularly different from most Chinese smartphones in this price range:
- Powerful 2.5GHz processor with built-in 4GB RAM and 64GB Flash storage for data and media.
- Operating system Android 8.1 Oreo and support for two SIM cards.
- The 5.7-inch FullHD screen is additionally protected by Gorilla Glass 3 tempered glass.
- Rear dual 16MP camera with Sony module and additional sensor for portrait mode. The front camera has a resolution of 13MP.
- 10.000mAh battery supports 2V fast charging function.
- If you buy the Pro-version of the smartphone, you can use it as a walkie-talkie (an additional antenna is built in) at a distance of up to 5 km in the city
Output. Is the smartphone ideal for active travelers, at work in production in the industrial sector, and just for those who often drop their phones? Do not forget that the weight of the device is 365g thanks to the capacitive battery.
31.08 10.00 Moscow time – 01.09 to 10.00 Moscow time the price of Blackview BV9500 is $ 269.99 (18194.92 rubles). Hurry up to buy a smartphone with a discount!